The building of Palazzo Grimani Museum (Museo di Palazzo Grimani) dates back to the Renaissance period. Antonio Grimani acquired it as a private residence, and it remained in his family until 1865. The Grimani family restored and enlarged the building according to classical Roman architecture. The palace opened as a museum in 2008, housing the collections of art and archaeology of Cardinal Domenico Grimani and Giovanni, patriarch of Aquileia, who bequeathed a portion of their collections to the Republic of Venice.
In the collection are over a hundred classical style sculptures, some Roman and Greek, and white stucco work and mannerist frescoes by Federico Zuccari. The spectacular Tribuna room was designed by Giovanni Grimani and inspired by the Pantheon in Rome. The Bosch room is dedicated to the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch, and includes his famed piece Vision of the Other World. The palace also occasionally hosts temporary art exhibitions.