The Leitão & Irmão jewellery workshops were opened by José Pinto Leitão in 1822 in Porto. The company moved to Lisbon in 1875 where it set up a 'modern' goldsmithery, which remains the brand’s main workshop. During the 1870s the company was appointed Goldsmiths of the Brazilian Royal House and Jewellers of the Portuguese Crown. The current owner, Jorge van Zeller Leitão, upholds the company's original aim to create 'art of national nature', while also giving the brand an international flavour. Recently opened on the eastern side of the Casino Estoril Gardens, the Estoril space integrates customer services, workshop services and product creation.