Last update: September 2020
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We may collect personal information from you when:
- To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable us to provide you with the services you select;
– You correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query), by telephone or other means;
– You participate to one of our events;
– You subscribe to newsletters or other Michelangelo Foundation initiatives;
– You request one of our services;
– You interact via our social medias;
Please note that calls to the Michelangelo Foundation may be recorded for security, training and development purposes.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platforms, described in the section headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect”, below.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
– Deal with your enquiries and requests;
– Manage your account, if any;
– Send service related information;
– Send you marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the ”Editing or deleting your personal information” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
-Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your previous interactions with us;
– Conduct internal surveys and analysis in order to continuously improve our services;
- Undertake credit checking, prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure;
– Understand how our Platforms are used so that we can continuously improve them.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
– First party cookies, served directly by the Michelangelo Foundation to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by the Michelangelo Foundation to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platforms.
– Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platforms, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. The Michelangelo Foundation uses both ‘session cookies’ and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does the Michelangelo Foundation use?
The Platforms serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
Type of Cookies & Purpose
Cookies necessary for essential purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through these Platforms and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of these Platforms. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of these Platforms.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platforms.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platforms, the platforms that referred them to our Platforms and the pages that they visited on our Platforms.
We use this information to help run our Platforms more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platforms.
When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
How to control or delete cookies
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Platforms cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platforms and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise this information, if shared with third parties’ service providers.
The Platforms use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms, viewing of ads and of our content and to evaluate the effectiveness of our direct marketing campaigns (which in turn may inform the type of advertising media content we send to you in the future). Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Some of the services that we provide are able to use information about your location. For these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process information deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalized service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
Sharing your information
We may share your data with our service providers in order to render you all relevant services and information and to improve our services.
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platforms, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees and service providers reasonably need access to it, to provide services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Your Choice: How to edit, delete or access your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any Michelangelo Foundation marketing e-mails.
The Platform is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not use the Platform and should not submit any personal information to us.
The Michelangelo Foundation for Creativity and Craftsmanship