The Museum of Applied Arts in Budapest was founded in 1872 by the Hungarian Parliament. Its founding director general was György Ráth (1828-1905) followed by Jenő Radisics (1856–1917), both esteemed Hungarian art collectors. The museum has one of the world's largest collections of applied arts, Hungarian and international, historical and contemporary. It houses a rich permanent collection, including Art Nouveau pieces, ceramics, furniture, glass, goldware and design pieces, and also hosts temporary exhibitions. It also composes of the György Ráth Villa where the Art Nouveau collection is exhibited and educational programmes take place.